Aug 29, 2010

KC flow

This is some verse that just flowed on out about my new home. I hope its a little coherent.


Black and White, this
holstein cow-town
old Jazz-town, boulevard-town
marginal city, middle city.
this cold brick town
is a little-brother city,
a city to love and marry
this river-town is a home now
for whoever, wherever
the brick and broken sidewalk
down Troost, down Prospect
are enough carpet
and welcome mat.

That old Conestoga station
River-town
is the thrum for years
lived on top of, beside
each other.
Barbecue this Black-Brown
beef-city, Whitewash this
fountain-city
and sing me these gritty growl-songs.

because its been too long
since i've known one like you
since i've come to love you
so love me
the way real lovers do,

wine-love, dear
And we'll spill each
other out here
on the cold concretes,
your feet
rubbing mine.
so teach me, my new love,
to walk these streets.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I please turn this into a song?

sola veritas said...

of course!